Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Craigslist is dangerous.

I, uh, may have made an impulse buy on Craigslist.

I acquired a little 22" four-harness floor loom from a nice lady out in the suburbs. Because I've always wanted to try weaving, and, well, who needs floor space anyway?

Luckily, the interwebs are full of informations, and told me how to set things up. Here's a sampler I made while figuring out what I was doing:


Plain twill, then herringbone twill


More herringbone

So, now that I sorta know what I'm doing, I'm setting up for a shawl made of these nice blue and blue-green wools.




Hrm. I seem to have failed to get any pictures of the nice blue-green wool I'm using for the weft. I'll fix that when I get home tonight.

After I bought the wool, I realized I wanted it to be about twice as wide, so I need to go get some more before I do much with this. I'll post details on how to thread it and stuff when it gets here and I get back to work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment