Sunday, August 23, 2009

FINISH HIM!!!

*cough* Sorry, I always wanted to say that in an appropriately fruity voice. Although possibly it should be "Finish hem!"

I am not terribly pleased with the results of my experimental edge finishes. Even using #100 silk thread (i.e., super fine), all the sturdy ones ended up far too stiff.



Various satin stitches.

Rolled hem.




I'm contemplating just doing a double row of very small straight stitches down the edge. I'm not sure if this actually wins me anything, though.



The edge would look like this, probably.

Maybe that, in combination with fray-check or fabric medium, would do something useful. I don't know. Well, tomorrow hopefully I'll start cutting up the fabric, and I can see how badly the edges fray if I leave them alone (*twitch* *twitch* nothing goes out of my workshop with unfinished raw edges... unless I don't have a choice. Grumble.)

No comments:

Post a Comment